Friday, September 16, 2005

The Song Hits Story

I was killing time and waiting for Poang P for lunch. So... I focused my attention to the dusty side table of ours and saw a dusty, faded song hits. Its pages were torn, a clear determinant of how useful and entertaining it was for my guitar-playing siblings years ago.

It had the band Siakol on its cover and GMA 7's Anna Karenina, Antoinette Taus on its back.

I flipped through the pages and voila, memories of teenage years came flashing right before my eyes!

There were Solid Harmonie's I Want You To Want Me, Aaron Carter's Crush on You, Hanson's Weird, and Chumbawamba (spelling korek?)'s Tubthumping!

Wahahay, those were the white socks days. And those were the days when VIDEOKE wasnt for teenyboppers but for adults/beer drinking men only. Baduy pa ang videoke noon.

And well, kaya siguro usong uso ang song hits noon, para sa mga music lovers like us who wanted to sing along!

Anihoo, i continued flipping the dusty songhits, hummed some songs, and read the love advice column, and finally, checked out the pen-pal section! :-)

Asan na kaya ang mga taong 'to? May kopya kaya sila ng song hits ko?

Fin!

No comments: