Sunday, July 12, 2009

Line from a movie.

Someone once said to me, "You like memorable lines, don't you?"

One of my guilty pleasures I think.. I just really like it when movies, songs, or books put the most perfect words and exact descriptions to things and feelings we can hardly describe or talk about... And when I hear those words delivered thru a lyric of a song, or thru a line from a movie, I nod in agreement.

Tonight, I saw, "PS I Love You". That movie where Hilary Swank's Irish husband died from brain tumor and after his death, Hilary's been receiving letters from him..

Anyway, there were lots of beautiful words in that movie. This one below, I think, is my most favorite:

Holly Kennedy: [crying] When daddy left, I was fourteen, and I said... never again, no man. And then I meet Gerry. This wonderful man happens to me and then, and then, and then he died! What was the point? I'm so angry I could kill somebody. I'm alone, and it doesn't matter what job I have or what I do or what I don't do or what friends I have, he's not here. I mean you're alone no matter what.

True. There will be times in our lives when, for no reason at all, we'd dream of having somebody to share our everything with, that when we wake up in the morning, we know he's going to be there... Sometimes, dreams are meant for two people....

And that is a nice thought, isn't it?

But, sometimes, we crave for freedom and independence. We scream for quality time with ourselves. Being alone is being happy too. Being alone shouldnt always be associated with cynicism and sadness. It really depends on how people would prefer it -- to be with someone, or to be with no one but himself.

There's another quote in the movie that reinforced what I just wrote. Hilary Swank's mother in the movie said this:

Patricia: So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too.

Hmm.

**get well.... :-)

No comments: