Sunday, March 26, 2006

Walang Kwenta. Pero Try Mo Rin Basahin.

Mga Kwentong Hayskul

Noong kabataan ko, noong ako’y nasa first year high school pa lang, my Christian Living teacher asked who among the whole class could consider her family an ideal family. Without thinking or at least coming up with convincing and heartwarming reasons, itinaas ko ang kamay ko. A friend smirked at me and blurted out, “Tingin mo ideal kayo?”

I looked at her, and I was kind of puzzled, she was a friend after all. Hindi ko binaba ang kamay ko, i just nodded when she asked me and secretly wished our teacher could see me so I could explain why.

But I never got my wish. I thought at that time, she realized she wasn’t interested with her question and decided to move on with the lesson.

Bigla ko lang naisip, kasi hanggang ngayon, klarong klaro pa rin sa isip ko ang mukha nung friend kong yun when she asked me that. Was she mocking me? Anyway, should there be a chance that someone would ask me if my family was a-ok, I’d still raise my hand and simply say, “My family’s the bomb!”

Labo noh? Basta.


Part Two

Due to excessive pagpapansin sa mga boys, I took the challenge of pushing my chair backwards, with me sitting on it. Whoever landed the farthest was to be “subconsciously crowned” as Ms. Popular. So I took the challenge together with the other “KSPs”.

It was so unfortunate for me that my chair was so stupid to trip and crash. I guess you can now tell what happened next to my extreme pagpapansin. Kasama akong natumba ng silya, my school skirt up to my face, showing off my chicken legs and worst, my baby boomers.

Napansin nga naman ako. Lovely.

Trivia Naman.

My sibs and I didn’t own story books when we were growing up. We were Batibot kids. We were also the “Saturday-Cartoons-Day” Kids. That’s how we grew up.

But there’s one very important teacher in my childhood life. LIWAYWAY, the komiks. Hindi pa man ako pumapasok sa school, marunong na agad ako magbasa.

At bakit?

Dahil sa LIWAYWAY, dahil sa “Gorgo”, “Agua Bendita” at “Matias Matiisin”.

Thank you Liwayway for making my reading life easier.

Idagdag pa natin ang Italian prayer na kinabisa ko sa bible na nakita ko sa gamit ng mommy ko nung bata pa ako. Until now, I can still pray that Italian prayer, and until now, I still don’t know what it means. I love foreign language. Sana matuto ako minsan.

Trivia Lang naman.

On American Idol.

I am rooting for Paris and my Chris. They’re oh-some.

On Personal Life.

The best pa rin. Who could ask for anything more? 

On CAREER.

Screaming B-U-S-Y.