Saturday, April 09, 2011

Thinkathon Marathon

Hello,

My elder sister, Jenny, is here in the island for the weekend. Cocoy, of course, is ecstatic -- the little boy controls his sleepiness and waits eagerly for his Tita Ninang Je.

While we are having our usual "blue couch" conversations, Ate Je said, "Kung may hindi na ako uulitin sa buhay ko, ito ay ang BAR Exams at ang pagpapakasal!". Don't get her wrong, although the two occasions bring so much joy to her, tension always seems to follow suit. And please don't think of regrets also :)

Hmm.. what about me? What are the happenings in my life that I won't ever go back to?

I am not married yet, and I think I would love to get married over and over again (to the same man of course).

I am no lawyer and I don't think I can ever pass the BAR exams, so okay :)

Ano nga ba?

I guess I don't want a part two of the breakups. Haha! The guys dumped me, left me for the lamest reasons. :) So there, I think I'm done with the frequent crushing of my heart, bursting of my dream bubble, stepping on my already non-existent ego, and wondering why!??!

Of course, there'd be no more chapter two of that 2005 flood here in the isla period. No more. No more. No more. That was one major blow in my jaw. TKO! :D

What else, I also don't want a rerun of the sudden losses of loved ones. I guess nobody wants that either... That year, we lost three... :(

And of course there were the mistakes and the confrontations at work and at home, but they didn't really sting me like the three I have mentioned. They may have been the worst three, but they actually brought me closer to my faith, to the original Supreme, and to my family.

Tragedies surround the world today, our country most of all, but like what my mom always tells me, "Kinukurot lang tayo ng Panginoon". Our Lord God is simply asking us to pray, to go back to His path, and to be more faithful. And to those worst three, you fed my gut with a lot of lessons..

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.






No comments: