Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Middle Aged- Acquaintance

I was at the shop and bumped into My Middle Aged Acquaintance.

She said, "Dito ka na?" ("Dito" means working in the island and staying in the island for good)

I just nodded. Then, she said, "Sayang naman..."

My response was a smile and a full view of my back.

I couldn't blame my middle aged acquaintance. One belief that has never ever left the island (although it's a city now and modernized and all) is, when you work in the city or when you work abroad, you are saving up a lot of moolah and you're sort of better than anyone else in the island.

Ho-hum, I present to you the sociology of our country.

5 comments:

lengirl said...

absolutely true! i hope people would change their perception about how the city is the "it" place to be - is not always the case.

Anonymous said...

sino tong acquaintance na to?

hera

Anonymous said...

huh? wala ka na manila? kelan pa?

jajajanice! said...

koreks lenigurli! duh duh duh!

hers! u dont know her gurl... she's from our neighborhood.

yep kat, aint no more working there. and loving it actually :)

Anonymous said...

whoah! this bit of news is definitely surprising! i hope i still get to see you soon though. mwah mwah dear