Saturday, March 17, 2007

Charot

In my line of work, the power of persuasion and a vast experience on public relations are a few factors to make a sale.

And when I make a sale, my work still doesn't stop there. Syempre chichika ka pa. Feeling close I know, but based on experience, it's kind of effective to know your customers personally. They seem to be more at ease with you and they seem to trust you. And when they need something else, it's a no surprise that they'll surely look for you. Suki-suki kumbaga. I also have this theory that most people enjoy talking about themselves. Biglang nagbe-beam yung mga mukha nila at bigla silang sumasaya and who wouldn't want a cheerful customer diba?

Anyway, kanina, we made a sale. So there I went again, asking if they had a new house, etc. etc. The old lady said, "Dadating kasi 'yung bisor ng anak ko na nagtratrabaho sa Maynila. Kasama 'yung mga barkada ng bisor niya, eh medyo luma na yung (gamit) namin..."

Naisip ko lang, ang suwerte naman ng mga officemates ng anak niya. Bagong appliances at furniture pa ang gagamitin nila para sa vacation nila... At ang suwerte rin ng anak niya, nagkaroon siya ng mga magulang na mag-aasikaso sa kanya at sa mga bisita niya also. Seldom na 'yan mangyari fyi.

Iba talaga ang mga Pinoy, talagang literal na putting your best foot forward. However, I don't see anything wrong with that naman. Of course, parents or us Pinoys always have the purest intentions.

Nakakatuwa lang isipin. Only in the Philippines I guess.

If not for my curiosity, I would not have learned that. I wouldnt have this blog entry also. Wala akong babalik-balikan. Nakakatuwa lang talaga. Not only because we made a sale, dahil na rin sa masaya silang lumabas ng tindahan namin at dahil na rin siguro may natutunan ako.

Fin!

No comments: