Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Post

It was raining, there was nothing good on TV.
I didn't like the idea of sleeping the whole afternoon off.
When this is the only time that there is no work,
You would kind of think twice to sleep,
Although the weather seems to be calling for it.

So I did what I have been meaning to do,
CLEAN UP!
The mother was of course delighted,
She said this only happens ONCE a year.
and she's glad it's happened now.

(and the room badly needs a good cleanup! )

There, I moved all the heavy storage,
Took a rug and started mopping,
Got a broom and started sweeping,
Two hours and some minutes after,
The room can finally breathe again.

My back ached after.
But it was all okay,
Sometimes, you need to do things
you don't normally do.
Sometimes, no matter how difficult
it can be,
You push your luck, you gather up
all your guts, and you just do it!
To move forward, there is only thing
left to do,
as my French teacher always said
back in College,
"Move your pwet!"
No need to lie around, pretend all is ok.
"Move your pwet!"

The cleanup, however gloomy this afternoon was,
had turned the day bright and sunny.
And a Sun girl like me,
absolutely loved it.

Now what to do next?


No comments: