Tuesday, December 14, 2004

When They Die

It's just now that I have found out that FPJ is dead.

I am no fan of "The King" nor did I ever support him during the recent presidential elections. It's just that I cannot help but get affected by it and cannot help but think, "Ba't hindi na lang si Erap?". I know it's mean but FPJ was, as far as I know, a very warm person. Everything is so sudden. All the while, I was thinking, FPJ's gonna make it. But then, I was wrong.

When celebrities die, we make a big fuss about it. When they die, they are a headliner, in frontpage of your morning newspaper, and the talk of the town for like a month.

The death of a celebrity brings us to a realization that they, too, are humans; that they, besides singing, acting and dancing, have personal stories too. Most of the time, we, the viewing public, treat these celebrities as figures we need to carefully set our eyes on, just so we can comment on their craft. We have this mindset that we pay to watch them perform, that's why we expect them to be excellent. And the celebrities? They give all their best to entertain us. Sad job. Show business. (But the prices the producers pay them, good Lord, fabulous!)

Anyway, why do the nice celebs or public figures die first than the not-so-nice? Like Princess Di or even Rico Yan?

Back to my first question in this post, "Ba't hindi na lang si Erap??"

RIP.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kasi matagal kunin ang masamang damo diba? - Kat