Friday, October 27, 2006

The Songs I Used To Hear

Admit it. We have a mental list of our all-time favorite songs. These songs, in one way or another, played/play a great deal of role in our lives. In my case, my all-time favorite songs are associated with specific circumstances that I happen to encounter in my life.

Today, I am going to at least give you a clear view of what I am writing about.

1. "Esem" ; "Tsinelas" ; "Coño ka Pre" by YANO --

I just heard these songs again through Ebu's ipod and well, I couldn't help it, memories came and bombarded my brain.

I got to listen to these songs when Poang P bought a Yano cassette tape zillion years ago. She was only sixteen then and a freshie in UP. And I, on the other hand, was in my teenybopper year (I was thirteen then). Poang P came home with this album and we listened to it over and over and over and over. Praise Yano!

2. "Dreams" by THE CRANBERRIES --

The best band ever! And when Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks used this song in their movie, "You've Got Mail", it even made Cranberries the BESTEST BAND for me! Pagsama-samahin ba naman ang mga paborito ko! Aba, combo yun ah! :D

3. "Girl" by IMMACULATE --

Can you still remember this local band???? Or, can you still remember this song? It goes like this, "GIRL EVEN THOUGH YOU LOVE SOMEBODY, IM STILL HERRREE TO LOVE YOU..."

My high school classmate and friend, Toby, used to sing this song in one of our high school fairs. He sang it really well and until now, I still remember how he sang this one. For Winnie siguro.

4. "I Wanna Believe" by PATTI AUSTIN (ata)

Whenever I hear this one, it's Mina who first registers in my mind. Hayy, I have so many singer friends. :) I always ask her to sing this song.. and she's so great. :D

5. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by DEEP BLUE SOMETHING

This one's Hospi's song. Period. :D

6. "Soon" by MOONPOOLS & CATERPILLARS --

I love this song. Ang cute mashado. High school ako noong nakilala ko ang bandang ito and it was through Banana, the chinagirl. Siya din ang nagsabi na Pinoy ang lead singer ng Moonpools. After that, I started telling everybody about that little trivia.

7. "Swing Swing" by ALL AMERICAN REJECTS --

My URL is swingjanice.blogspot.com.

I got inspired with this song and decided to name my website, "swingjanice".

I picked this song, because the message was so freaking fantabulous. It's so positive and I love positive songs. Swing swing!

Tatah!

3 comments:

jas said...

hey if ever i make a list those songs could be in mine too! lalo na yung mga songs ng YANO and moonpools and caterpillars and that one by cranberries. parang soundtrack to your life diba? ang gaganda! :D

Anonymous said...

the song you mentioned on number 3, girl by immaculate, i cant find it or download it, bkit gnun daya. un ba ung tamang artist and title? ty

Anonymous said...

ako ung nagtanong about the immaculate song, pa reply naman sa raydel_o@yahoo.com oh, salamat!