Saturday, February 03, 2007

bonnieta

Hello again,

I have never told you about here the little girl I always see every afternoon. Let's call her "Bonnie".

I have been meaning to write about her but I guess her playfulness got the best of me and she just simply sneaks out of my mind.

I haven't seen Bonnie since Christmas. She was just gone for a while.

But this afternoon, while we were closing our shop, there she was again -- back to playing with the boys.

You see, Bonnie is very playful. She is a bit of a tomboy and runs around barefoot right across our shop. If I am not mistaken, she is at least nine years old. Bonnie knows every Pinoy game there is!

This afternoon, she was teaching her playmates how to REALLY play sikyo. I was looking at them for a while and they were just beautiful. After an entire day of work, work, work, it's nice to wrap up the day with kids who may be a little smelly and dirty but ironically, are just refreshing to look at. It makes you want to be a kid again and pretend that the world is a world of all the beautiful things you can hardly even imagine.

So back to Bonnie. I envy this girl. You see, I never played outside when I was a kid. I dont even know how to play sikyo! I was shy and I had a few friends. I just wanted to be inside our house and look at the kids who were playing outside. That's how I mainly spent childhood. I wasnt really a bibo kid unlike Bonnie here. She was so full of energy and she was a friend to everybody. If I am not mistaken, she was the boss of the group and the little boys, they are her reinforcements.

When I was younger, I never understood why my parents and even my favorite actors on TV call their kids as their little bundles of joy. But now, I think I understand them. I dont even know those kids and yet here I am, making a blog post exclusively about them and for them!

Bonnie and rest of the gang are just nice to look at. They make you forget that tomorrow is a war day again for you at work. They calm your nerves just by their mere shrieks and boisterous laughters. Bonnie and the gang are strangers to me but I dont care. Every afternoon, I look at them and it just feels good. They are so free and they just run around worrying about nothing.

Even if I am a child at heart and hardly worries about anything serious, there are still of course some instances in my life that I just wanted to be a real kid. A real kid like Bonnie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classmate site