Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Am A Strong and Happy Person.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com If you were distant, I wouldn’t chase you.

If you wouldn’t love me, fine; Don’t expect me to come running after you. If you’ll hurt me, I will leave you. Even if I still love you, I will leave you.

Nearest exit… there. That’s where I’ll go. And as I take the exit, only with courage and support from my loved ones, I won’t look back. I won’t contact you in any way. You will miss me. You will wonder how I am doing while I struggle to move on; while I make myself believe that I am special, and that I do not deserve to be hurt.

And this is my choice—to move on and believe in myself. I’ll be strong. I’ll learn to love myself. I’ll win back myself and conquer my own fears and loneliness.

I will come out of the battle as the winner. Because of my faith. Because I am strong and because I am determined.

I am determined to move on with my life without you.

I choose the road where only the winners go…

And someday, I will bump into someone again. This time it’s for real.

And I love the thought.

Disclaimer: I am currently in love. The above article was my piece when some guy broke my heart.

I hope to inspire the men and women who find it hard to shrug all the bad memories off and start anew.

By the way, I have just finished reading “Art of Letting Go”. The main reason why I published this one.

Photo taken in Salcedo Park, Makati City.

5 comments:

princess bride said...

great!!! just in time!!!

ano pa man, masarap tlga magmahal!!! yan nman!

jas said...

ang ganda ganda ganda naman nito. sana may boylet ako ngayon. hehe. =)

jajajanice! said...

mina!!!

yep, yep!!! you are so korek! faith can do something good to our health. ;-) and well, i love the thought.

and yeah, PS is great. :D

saiee!

i just hope ul learn something from my post. ;-) i hope ur fine and dandy!

jas!!!

thanks for appreciating my post. oo, masarap talaga ang mainlove. sana lang tuloy tuloy na ito!

good luck sa buhay!

Anonymous said...

hey janice!!

i just found the time to catch up on my fave dose of jajajanisms so medyo delayed na ang comment ko! but still and all, here's my two cents worth. a good friend of mind gave me this poem after a break up and while we're on the subject of moving on, i just thought to share this bec it's so apt to your entry. =) i'm not sure if you're already familiar with this beautiful poem but anyway, here goes! hope you'll like it as much as i did =)

AFTER A WHILE
by Veronica Shoffstall

After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean security,

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises

And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open,

With the grace of a woman,
Not the grief of a child

And you learn to build all your roads on today,
Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine
Burns if you get too much

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers

And you learn that you really can endure...
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth,
and you learn and learn...
With every good bye you learn.

*note: the last two lines i've just discovered over the net as an add-on. i'm just not sure if the original version really includes it or not though.

jajajanice! said...

ey pongs!

thanks for sharing. :-) twas very beautiful, a great read. ;-)

we miss you na!