Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday I Like

Mental Aerobics. Newspaper said that every once in a while, brains must be exercised. How? Read a book, answer a crossword puzzle, an IQ question, etc. etc.

So... I got into reading James Frey's A Million Little Pieces. It's quite a read actually. Frey was the one speaking in the book, sort of his autobio, which I really liked (because i was like invading someone's mind, and you know how much that thrills me). And it was all about how he managed to redeem himself from addiction. Frey gave me a clear picture of what human spirit and dignity were, of what patience was. It was nice. He also said a lot of inspiring and kind of thought-provoking opinions in the book...

Number One. (Talking about God and religion with his shrink). "I thing God is something that people use to avoid reality. I think faith allows people to reject what is right in front of our eyes, which is that this thing, this life, this existence, this consciousness, or whatever word you want to use for it, is all we have, and all we'll ever have. I think People have faith because they want and need to believe in something, whatever that something is, because life can be hard and depressing and brutal if you don't.

Number Two. (He got hooked on the teachings of Tao). "Control by letting go of control, fix your problems by forgetting they're problems. Deal with them and the World and yourself with patience and simplicity and compassion. Let things be, let yourself be, let everything be and acccept it as it is. Nothing more,nothing less, nothing more.

Etc. etc.

(and now, I am reading the life of Mary Magdalen. ;-))

SUNDAY I LIKE! (Shots from the beach with my PS, and our dogs!)

PS with Jack, Jet (my dog!) and Brad.

Sila Ulit...

Brad

Si Jet, 5-month-old GSD, gurlaloo

Hehehe.


End!

No comments: