Saturday, October 23, 2004

Classic

Janice goes Classic!

Have you seen those Great Illustrated Classics in NBS ? I actually bought three of those! "Pollyanna" by Eleanor H. Porter, "Tales of Mystery and Terror" by Edgar Allan Poe and "The Pictures of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. And they're so cheap! (Of course, I wouldnt buy three books at the same time if they're expensive, no way!) Sobrang easy read! (They're illustrated and I am a visual person!) I just finished Poe's and am starting on "Pollyanna" now!

On the other side of the "book-ish" news, I really hope I can buy the Anne of Green Gables books. But the whole set costs one thousand plus pesos and I am having second thoughts of buying them since I can use the money for more practical things (like my gas, parking, prepaid card..). Now I'm having a dilemma! But really, they are a great collection. :-)

2 comments:

min said...

i love pollyanna! :) her name appears on my character sketch in our high school yearbook

i love oscar wilde! you should read his story, The Happy Prince

btw, julie's a great fan of anne of the green gables ;)

jajajanice! said...

really?! i finished reading pollyanna! I never expected it would turn out that way, such a great story. :-)

checked out NBS kanina, theres no more anne of green gables.. :-(