Monday, January 24, 2005

Gastadora

This post is inspired by Mina (who recently purchased 2 bags and a pair of shoes! Mas matindi ka!)

I admit I am very much guilty of impulse buying. I am like this: When I see something great like a very stylish pair of pumps, or a nice blouse or pants or something cute (huh?), I’d tell myself, I don’t need them yet. So I wont buy (that day). But I’d be thinking about it the whole day, the whole night, until I will finally make a decision to check it out again (just to see if it’s still there, or simply just to see it again). And well, I think you can already guess what happens next. I will come out of the shop with a new purchase. Great.

Is this classified as Impulse Buying? In fairness, I do some thinking first before splurging. But it always ends up this way. I still splurge. Parang for formality lang ‘yung ‘thinking period’. Because of this, I did some research on the net about impulse buying – how to curb it, how to know if you are an impulsive buyer and anything at all about this habit.

Click me to read the article.

But why do I always splurge? Shopping gives me that natural high, I get excited when I have new purchases especially when I am feeling kinda down and weird. I guess it’s natural-- new things like new friends and new surroundings, cause you to become excited, a bit agitated but you know deep down, you’re in high spirits. In relation to this, it really boosts someone’s self-esteem. You feel good because you look good (a bit selfish for a theory but this proves to be true for me). And really, I use naman all my purchases. I just don’t display them and keep them in their boxes. Sulit naman eh.

Kaso, minsan OA nako eh. And right this very moment, I’m thinking of buying that pants I saw in Bayo and Celine.

By the way, meet Sai and Barbz. Photo taken last week in KFC Glorietta. Besides shopping, lunch with my good ole friends makes me high too!


2 comments:

jajajanice! said...

Yes Yes Yes Mina! Shopping is really great! ;-) Good luck na lang sa mga bulsa naten!

jajajanice! said...

hey hera! ur so correct! shopping is like love at first sight nga!!!! see you sunday! :D