Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Keepin it Gurr-roovy

Guess what’s been keeping my CD Player busy???

Mina!



After so many weeks of contemplating whether to buy Joss Stone or not, I FINALLY DID!

And it is totally rocking my world now! All the tracks of Joss Stone's Mind, Body and Soul album are so... amazing. I am really loving it! If you are a fan of Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Alicia Keys, Sarah Mclachlan and all that slow jazz kind of music, please, please add Joss in your list. All songs are of original material, all groovy and soulful, and guys, come on, the lyrics (which I am very much particular with), they’re something!

Here’s my say!

Mind, Body and Soul is Joss Stone’s second album. She wrote most of the songs here. And by the way, she’s only 17. Her first album was Soul Sessions (this one’s got ‘Super Duper Love’ – another personal favorite). Just some added info.

Anyhoo, with the sudden trend of RNB, with every singer performing an RNB act and getting famous for it, who would ever thought that someone would come up onstage and sing some soulful music (and be good at it)? When you hear her song over the radio, you’d know that it’s her, keeping it groovy with her alto voice. There are influences of reggae and hiphop too in most of her songs. And they made her album more FANTABULOUS. My top favorites are: Right to be Wrong, Spoiled, Jet Lag, & Security .

This one’s ideal for a warm afternoon drive to the country (naks). It is at its supreme when you listen to it in your most comfortable couch, reading your favorite book or just staring at nothing and unconsciously moving your toes to its beat..

Here’s a part of the Right to be Wrong song:

“Ive got a right to be wrong; I’ve been held down too long; I’ve got to break free; So I can finally breathe. Ive got a right to be wrong; Got to sing my own song. I might be singing out of key; But it sure feels good to me. Got a right to be wrong; So just leave me alone.”

Ten stars!

(Next on my list: Joss’ Soul Sessions, Sarah Mclachlan’s Afterglow)

3 comments:

jas said...

i've been wanting to buy her albums too. simula pa dun sa soul sessions kase ang galing nya talaga diba? at isa pa, sha ang aking fashion icon. ;)

jajajanice! said...

yep Jas! sobrang astigin nitong si Joss! as in! i read ur nanay post in your blog kanina, twas so touching.. ang ganda ganda. napaisip tuloy ako about my mom.. hehe

jas said...

oo nga e. sha ang aking diva. hehe.

salamat na-appreciate mo yung post ko tungkol sa nanay ko. naiiyak din ako pag nababasa ko yun e. :)