Tuesday, July 13, 2004

How to Stay Sane When Caught in a Jam

~currently listening to Hilary Duff's So Yesterday

Now that I have changed routes, I actually spend more time on the road. Alone. One and a half hours. Because of that, my habit of spotting cars that are coding has become stronger. When I see one, wala lang, ang saya lang. But when there is nothing else to do and no single car violates the color coding scheme, that is when i consider my other options to staying 'vibrant' even when I'm stuck in EDSA:
1. Ask the driver if I can change the dial (that is, if I am in front).
2. Tinker phone. Most of the time steal some shots of the passengers either sleeping or just looking outside blankly.
3. Sleep. (Actually, I am daydreaming like the other passengers.)
4. Wait 'til I get to Guadalupe. Catch a glimpse of that F4/Yamaha billboard. Oh la la.
5. I tried reading but big no-no. Sasakit lang ulo mo.
6. I mentally check what is inside my closet that I haven't worn to work yet.
7. Pray. This is the best moment to converse with God.
8. Think of happy thoughts. And pray that your favorite song will play on-air para mas maganda ang pag-eemote mo.
9. Your brain cells must be fed at all times. They need oxygen. If not, you'll get irritated. So munch! munch! munch!
10. Tinker your phone again. If you don't have a phone with you, well, sorry, you've got to sit patiently there and wait until you get to Makati.

1 comment:

min said...

do you think we can device a plan to steal the yamaha/f4 billboard?! or even, hero's? :D