Saturday, July 10, 2004

That Mom

I intently read someone's text message yesterday.
I was riding the MRT and there was this middle-aged woman who was texting. Out of curiousity, I looked down at her phone and started reading.
The woman happened to be an OFW who had just finished settling some documents. I think she would be returning to Israel already (the plastic envelope she was clutching had an "israel" word on it).
Her text went like this: "Next Wednesday na ang alis namin. Hindi ko na isasama ang mga bata. Lalo lang ako malulungkot. Ang hirap. Ganito pala."
Then, she sent it to Ate Fe.
Ate Fe, I think, was her sister.
I looked at the woman's face. She was a mommy who had to fly to Israel to work. And maybe, her husband would go with her or some of her colleagues. Maybe she wouldnt want her kids to bring her to the airport because it would only depress her more. She looked sad. She was looking outside and right then and there, I was hoping I could read her mind.
I wasnt able to read Ate Fe's reply. Her phone beeped but I dont think she heard it. I wanted to tell her that her phone beeped so she (and I) could read Ate Fe's reply. But of course, I didnt do it.
Happy weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So close pala kayo ni Ate Fe?=)

Anonymous said...

So close pala kayo ni Ate Fe?=) - Lovil

jajajanice! said...

hahahaha! oo!