Saturday, June 05, 2004

Raindrops keep falling on my head

It’s a rainy Saturday.
I woke up today feeling the cold mist brought by the rain.
Summer has now proclaimed her season is over. Rainy season, for me, is the start of another year for the students. And this coming Monday, traffic will get worst again. A very strong indicator that the “bagets” and not-so “bagets” are back again!
Memories of school come flashing on me now..


  • Grade school.

    • I had to come to school in my uniform already.
    • Belts must be in the same color with the buckle. That’s how strict the nuns were.
    • Must wake up at exactly 5:30am so I could leave by 6:45 am.
    • Flag ceremony starts at 7:20 am. Our dad would bring us to school.
    • Mommy would prepare our baon and force us to bring our jackets and umbrellas (kasi daw maulan).
    • She would then give me P2 (that coin with coconut tree) as my “spare” (I cant remember how much she was giving my sisters then).



  • High School.

    • Transferred to an SVD-run school. I could wear civilian clothes for a week!
    • Must not be late or else I would be asked to pick all the candy wrappers littered in the campus. I did it twice ata (in my entire HS life).
    • Our dad would bring us to school again while singing “Bridge Over Troubled Waters”.
    • Mom would not prepare our baons anymore. She would give us higher “spare” for our snacks.
    • But the jackets and umbrellas were existent still.
    • I usually ate at Ate Beth’s Canteen & gorged on “pansit na may mataba’t payat”.
    • Different classmates every year. No star sections here unlike in my previous school. Met so many friends.



  • College.

    • Probinsyana went to Miriam!
    • Jeepney rides. Stranded due to rain.
    • Soaking green skirts. Katipunan. Cancelled classes due to typhoons.
    • Mall tours. St. Lucy. Overnights.
    • Thesis. Professors. Mid-terms. French. Class cards.
    • Wet Lanai. Fashionable Sweaters.
    • CA-7. The best. Presentations. Theater.
    • Whiling away time at the cafeteria.
    • Freezing point at the Lib.



Welcome Rainy Season!

No comments: